The Toto Universal Flapper is here!
There is now a universal flapper that fits ALL Toto toilets with a 3″ trap way!
To learn how to replace a Toto universal flapper, watch the video below:
- Turn water off to the toilet at the angle stop on the water supply line.
- Carefully remove toilet tank top, and place in a safe location to prevent breakage.
- Flush toilet and hold the handle down until water stops flowing out of the tank and into the bowl.
- Disconnect flapper chain from trip lever arm (note which hole the chain is connected to).
- Gently slide the arms of the flapper off the plastic pegs on the flush valve assembly.
- Remove old flapper from the tank.
- To install new flapper, gently slide flapper arms over pegs on flush valve assembly.
- Connect the chain to the trip lever arm, and move the clip on the chain so it has a little slack in it when the flapper is in the closed position. Use same hole on the trip lever arm as old flapper was connected to. Note: depending on the flapper for your model toilet, the clip my look slightly different than this photo.
- Turn water back on and when tank is full, test flush the toilet to make sure flapper operates correctly.
In need of a Toto universal flapper? Call Inspire Kitchen and Bath!